You can set up a "saved search" in eBay and whenever eBay finds a match for your search, it will send you an email. Suppose you are looking for a pickle fork in the Old Maryland Engraved pattern by Kirk-Stieff. I couldn't find one of these in eBay today, so I created a saved search to notify me when one is put up for sale. Here are the steps:
- Click on "Advanced Search"
- Type in your search parameters
- Click the "Search" button
- Click "Save this search"
- In the new little window that pops up, give your search a name and specify how long you want to keep receiving emails related to this search (12 months is the maximum)
- In the little window, click "Save"
Whenever someone places a new listing in eBay that meets your criteria, you'll receive an email. There is no obligation to bid or buy.
Here's what I typed as the search criteria for this pickle fork:
old maryland (pickle, pickel, lemon, olive) fork
- I left off the word "engraved" because some sellers leave it out of the listing title. However, there is a pattern called "Old Maryland" so I may get some incorrect hits.
- Some sellers incorrectly identify pickle forks, calling them lemon or olive forks.
- Some sellers can't spell very well.
Send us a comment or question if you have other suggestions.
Click on any picture to see a larger version. By clicking on "Comments/Questions" below, you can see posted comments and add your own questions and comments. Or, you can send us an email by clicking on "Email Silver Jim" in the right column.