- Rinse food from the flatware immediately after use and before placing in the dishwasher
- Never let stainless steel and sterling touch each other - washing separately is preferred
- Avoid lemon-scented detergents and detergents with chlorides - use a mild detergent
- Never sprinkle detergent directly on the flatware - pitting could result
- Use a water softening agent if you have hard water
- Remove the flatware before the drying cycle - dry by hand with soft cloth
Having said all this, our preference is NOT washing sterling flatware in a dishwasher. Washing by hand with a mild soap immediately after use is our preferred method. See the post below about avoiding rubber gloves.
By clicking on "Comments" below, you can see posted comments and add your own questions/comments.